Pages

Friday, February 8

Snow Day!

Oh how I love snow days. 

This is the view from my front door.  You can see my neighbours foot prints in the snow, I haven't ventured out to shovel yet as it's still falling.

This is by no means a crazy amount of snow.  The flakes are actually pretty small but they say it's falling at 3cm (a little more than an inch) per hour.  It's enough to keep us home instead of risking life and car on the roads.  It will all be over later today and not impact our house concert tomorrow.  Hopefully we can get out on snow shoes on Sunday because Monday it's going to rain and the snow will disappear.  Again.

I mentioned that I transplanted my aloe plant and scratched my hands and forearms up nicely in the process.  While I had the camera out, I thought I'd take a picture.  Here's hoping I didn't kill it in the move, it's been a week and it seems fairly happy.

Try hugging that.
I also mentioned that we're going to a Central Ontario bowling fundraiser.  I haven't been to this event in the past, we've often had other plans.  I haven't been to a dance in ages, I have no idea what the dress code would be like.  I mean, it's bowling.  Our dress code is generally jeans and lower.  At some tournaments they might require a collar, dress pants for a national competition, but that's about the extent of it.  I put a few inquiries and found out someone actually wears a tux to this event.  I swear I've never seen him wearing a shirt without a wolf printed on it.  Now he was given to me as an example of the extreme (and considered over dressed), but it does show that there are many levels of dressing up and if dressing up is vaguely appropriate, then I don't want to wear jeans.  But... so many of my dresses are either for work and feel too professional or summer weights, or I dunno, like the tux, a little too fancy.  It does have me thinking that Tiramisu in red ponte might strike the right tone (I have purple and black fabrics in the stash too, but red has been catching my eye).  I keep picturing it looking like Tanit-Isis in her New Years dress.  Wouldn't that full skirt look fun moving around while dancing a cha-cha?  Food for thought with a deadline of next Friday.  Nothing like a real deadline to make me do something (mental deadlines do not work, I can't trick myself).

6 comments:

  1. I say go for the red! :-)

    I had an aloe plant for about 2 months...it didn't live long enough to need repotted. :-( I have no idea how people can get that stuff to thrive...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why my aloe has survived, I do not have a great green thumb. I mostly ignore it, forget to water it. It has grown more baby plants since I topped the soil with rocks, I take it as a good sign. It got a sun burn when I put it in the backyard for oh, three days. We were going to have a lot of kids in the house and I thought it would be safer outside and forgot to bring it in. Apparently it doesn't like full sun. So essentially, put it in a non-sunny spot and don't water it?

      Delete
  2. I think you're onto something with a tira! a knit dress often strikes the right tone of trying, but not trying too hard :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's it, trying but not trying too hard. I think I can strike that better with my summer wardrobe than winter, which means this would fill a wardrobe gap.

      Delete
  3. A knit dress it perfect. Dressy but not showy.
    Of course this is from the girl who is perpetually overdressed...but I don't care! :)
    PS I finally found a way to comment on your blog from my iPad. Blogger gives us a hard time with the login. Now I can attempt to be one of your top commenters. Yah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only time these people have seen me in a dress is our end of season party, anything feels like such a big step up it's noticable. I like being dressed up, but I don't like standing out so much. I don't know how that guy wears a tux.

      Yay comments! I totally get it. You'd think these little devices would make it easier when web browsing should be the primary use.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I love to have a two way conversation. I seem to be getting a lot of spam from anonymous users and am turning off the ability to comment that way. I really would like to hear from you so if you do want to add your two cents without an OpenId, email me at seraphinalina at gmail dot com.