Pages

Wednesday, September 26

Too busy

Quick list to keep in touch...
  • House concert tonight.  We're hosting David Ross Macdonald for a second time.
  • Looking forward to that, David is such a great person and I love his music.
  • Sadly, my kitchen is not really up to guests yet. 
  • Must leave work early today.
  • This 4.5 days allocated to clients is not working for me.  There are too many other things pulling my time away from client days.
  • I think I'm going to be in my employers office 1.5 days in the whole month of October.
  • My password expired and because I had not been at my employers office, the warnings did not show up and Monday I just couldn't open up email etc.
  • But being at a clients office with a stupid wireless internet stick that won't let me VPN to change it, I had to phone IT to have it reset.
  • I booked a 9am meeting for tomorrow, not a wise move on the day after a house concert for the office that is the least predictable for drive time. 
  • I am going to have to leave an hour and a half early to be sure I get there.
  • Running is going well.  I bought new shoes on Friday so we're repeating the Week 3 stage to break them in.
  • Well, that and the second 3 minutes of running is still killing me.  The first 90 seconds of running feels short, the first 3 minutes of running is good.  The second 90 seconds of running feels okay but that last 3 minutes is freaking hard. 
  • Mr. Lina walks faster than I run by the end of the second 3 minutes.
  • I spent the weekend helping on the movie shoot for Tasha & Friends. 
  • As cool as the effects were for The Post Lifers, T&F is going to blow it out of the water.
  • I have never seen so much fake blood in my life.
  • I made whole chickens in my slow cooker, rice with tomatoes, garlic toast and a garden salad.  Second slow cooker had chocolate bread pudding for dessert.
  • I have been told that I can do craft services on any movie shoot that they are involved in.
  • Shiny gold star for me.
  • Seriously, quite often the cheapest meals are the ones that are like this, using what's in season or on sale rather than hamburgers. 
  • Helps that I got the bread and chocolate for free.  I had good timing for the marketing group to clean out their cupboards of chocolate.
  • I took my crochet with me and suddenly the directions for the last outside rows made sense.  It looks pretty cool and gave me a quiet activity while they were filming.
And this needs space to itself but I hope you all know about the launch of Cake.  There is a pre-sale going on for Tiramisu, buy it now cheaper and that will fund the first printing.  I think it's a great way to get a start without taking on too much overhead costs right off the bat.

Time to put my nose to the grindstone...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I love to have a two way conversation. I seem to be getting a lot of spam from anonymous users and am turning off the ability to comment that way. I really would like to hear from you so if you do want to add your two cents without an OpenId, email me at seraphinalina at gmail dot com.