Pages

Wednesday, January 11

Not quite the day I planned

Yesterday Mr. Lina was feeling... snuggly.  A little sad in the morning, a few extra hugs before going to work.  I didn't realize how sad until I came home from bowling.  We try very hard not to remember dates from failed cycles and loss, it's just asking for ongoing heart ache I can't live with.  Yesterday was a year to my last miscarriage and while we weren't trying to remember, it seemed to be what was triggering his mood.  We decided to take today off work and spend it together. 

We talked last night about how each of us were feeling and it helped.  Mr. Lina said he slept better last night than he has in a week and I think it's because some of those feelings were let go.  For being a lazy day, we've been busy.  Breakfast together, our therapist had a cancellation so she could fit us in, my car went in for an oil change and repairs (sigh, not so keen on seeing that total bill), walked to get groceries and I finally got my thread.  Mr. Lina is making gumbo for dinner tonight.  I'm okay with that too.

Thread is not the only thing that walked out of Fabricland with me.  They had a lovely 100% rayon on buy one get two three (um, change that to free, not three), so 3m walked out with me for $12.  Also, ponte knit was on 60% off.  How can I argue with $7/m? 
Rayon to the left, ponte knit to the right.
I have also managed to get some pictures of my grey skirt.  Not finished yet, but maybe tonight.  You can see my extra long waistband.  The skirt is Style 1063 which actually has an entry on the vintage pattern wiki.


Here you can see a close up of the inside of the waist band at the zipper.  The lighter silver line is the selvage.  Fluff from this skirt gets everywhere, that's the grey specks on my ironing board.

And I'm freaking proud of that zipper there.  It's not quite high enough, but I am so pleased with how well it hides and still zips, I don't want to take it out.




Oh, gumbo is ready, time to go!

2 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry for your loss. It sounds like you had a day free to take care of each other, I hope the gumbo was yummy :)

    That rayon rose print is beautiful! And I officially want a corduroy skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Gumbo was tasty and will be tasty again for lunch. We're both feeling better for spending the day together.

    I don't know what that rose print is going to be, but it just couldn't stay behind.

    I'm hoping the skirt will fill in some casual days when I could wear jeans and don't want to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, I love to have a two way conversation. I seem to be getting a lot of spam from anonymous users and am turning off the ability to comment that way. I really would like to hear from you so if you do want to add your two cents without an OpenId, email me at seraphinalina at gmail dot com.